|Prior experience required||:||None|
|Minimum age||:||16 Years|
This course is presented in Gordons Bay over a period of 5 days .
Who is it for?
The course is for those who want to enter the lucrative super yacht industry to be a stewardess on board a yacht or super yacht. This International Certificate will put you a step ahead of the rest.
Ability after course
Be a Stewardess on a Super Yacht.
The following topics are included in the course syllabus:
- Introduction to life at sea and the general role and behaviour of the stewardess
- Professional etiquette in communication, personal hygiene, appearance and attitude/Professional Decorum and Social Skills
- Getting into the industry, Passports and Visas, Travel Arrangements, Dockwalking and Day Work, Crew Agencies
- Where to go, when to go and where to stay
- Preparation of CVs
- Stewardess Daily Duties guests on board or no guests/general Stewardess Schedules
- Silver Service Techniques/Order of Service/Methods of Service/Entertainment Planning
- Cuisine/General Cuisine Terms/Menu
- Wine Service, Wine Knowledge, Decanting, service and storage of fine wines
- Bar stocking and Cocktails
- Table Setting/Theme ideas
- Laundry tips and Practical Laundry Application/Ironing
- Advanced cleaning methods/Care of exotic furnishings, finishes and fabrics
- Napkin folding
- Cabins and Cabin Service/Towel Folding/Toiletries and amenities
- Yacht Terminology
- Line handling, Boat docking
- Security, confidentiality and privacy issues
- International protocol and correct forms of address
- Valet services
- Preparing yacht for guest arrival
- Guest Care
- Practices of Storing & Stowing a Yacht
PYA Stewardess Certificates
The course is presented throughout the year. Please contact us for course dates. If you have a group booking (3 – 5 or more people) we will try our best to accommodate you on your dates.
You will be supplied with a Course Manual for taking notes.
All cleaning materials, flowers, wine, table setting items, access to the yachts, etc., for your practical training sessions is included in the course price.
Is included for the 5 day course.
Breakfast and Lunch included
Please contact us for prices.
What to bring along
Please bring the following items with you to the course:
- In summer, bring sun block and a hat for the practical training on the yacht
- In winter, bring a warm jacket for the afternoon practical training
Remember to dress comfortably and like you are going for an interview.